If you want to know the best companies in a particular industry then the best way to go about this is to ask their customers what they think of the service and to see whether or not they would recommend that particular company to others.
Manila Bay Sunset
This is just what holiday Extras have done but they have done it on a much grander scale!
This year 66,000 people have voted in the Holiday Extras Customer Awards (which is great as this last year about a third of this number were voting).
This year the awards were held in London on September 15th and were hosted by the well-known travel writer and radio presenter Simon Calder.
Here is a list of this year’s winners:
- Best Airline: Emirates
- Best Airline Cabin Crew: Emirates
- Best Airline for Value for
- Best Airport: Belfast International
- Best Airport Car Park: Edinburgh Park and Fly
- Best Airport Hotel: Gatwick Sofitel
- Best Airport Hotel Restaurant: Manchester Premier Inn
- Best Airport Lounge: Edinburgh Servisair
- Best Airport Hotel for families: Manchester Premier Inn
- Best Airline for Travelling with Babies: Virgin Atlantic
- Best Airline or Travellers with a Disability: Virgin Atlantic
- Most Inspirational Travel Film: Shirley Valentine
- Best Travel Guide Publisher: Lonely Planet
It seems that these awards are becoming so popular because of the open an honest way that the public are allowed to choose their own winners. This gives the customers a great opportunity to get their voices heard over the noise of industry bias. You won’t find any fat cats voting in these awards – it’s all down to the customer which is very empowering.
This year the awards were a lavish affair with the travel elite from the top companies in the industry gathering to applaud those who had done well for their customers. There is a great atmosphere around the awards that Holiday Extras are developing as it means that there is a sense of occasion to the awards that people are wanting to be a part of.
Looking forward to next year, the team from Holiday Extras are making sure that the awards are going to continue gathering momentum and continue to enjoy success by encouraging more people to vote and by adding new and interesting categories to the awards.
This year two new categories were added and these were the most inspirational travel film and the best travel guide publisher.
For more information on how holiday extras can help you book your nest holiday visit Holiday Extras
Incoming search terms:
- Ms Jazmin Esguerra